Not long now!
I’m well and truly on the home stretch! Our darling daughter is due in less than a week so I figured it was time to get this posted to my blog before it’s too late!
At 16 weeks pregnant, we started discussing the possibility of a home birth. (Oh boy, did my other half take some convincing!) Now, at 39 weeks, we have finally finished getting everything ready in preparation…
Urrhhh…. Almost. Our house still isn’t ready to move back into yet. We should be moving back in in a matter of days but if little miss does decide to come in the meantime, I’ll be birthing here, at the in-laws.
So, here it is! Here are my Home Birth Box must-haves… Split into two boxes (because I’m too organised for my own good):
Birth Box #1 (contains things I might need during the labour and birth)
- A big stack of towels (that’s not all of them).
- Birth Plan (multiple copies).
- Birth pool instructions.
- Hypnobirthing book.
- Camera (charged with SD card).
- Affirmations and blue tack.
- Cheap shower curtains (to protect sofas and floors).
- Hair ties.
- Energy drinks, protein shakes/bars.
- Aromatherapy oils (Lavender, Clary Sage and Peppermint).
- Sweet Almond oil (to mix with aromatherapy oils).
- Candles / Fairy lights.
Birth Box #2 (containing things we’ll need after baby has been birthed):
- Handmade cord tie and matching hat.
- Nappies and cotton wool. (Just a small pack because we’ll be cloth bumming).
- Sleepsuits. (Owls because my son is obsessed).
- Beautiful warm snuggly blanket that cost me an arm and a leg.
- Red book (health record).
- New pyjamas for me. (Plus big comfy Bridget Jones pants).
- Bamboo breast pads (which I actually won’t need straight away but they’re so lovely that I wanted to put them in my birth box).
And the things I have ready that won’t fit in my boxes:
- Birth ball.
- Birth pool (in a big box of it’s very own containing everything else I may need for a water birth).
- Speakers (for my music and hypnobirthing MP3’s).
I think that’s everything! Now, we wait. Who knows, my next post may be a birth announcement! 🙂
Have I missed anything off my list? What else would you add? Leave a comment and let me know 🙂